Thursday, May 18, 2006

A New Hope

My agent has informed me that the legit representation search would best serve me if done in June. Apparently, May is reserved for MFA students. Although understandable, what the fuck are these agent cretins doing wasting their time with MFA students? If you went to school for a second time to learn how to pretend, chances are you weren't all that great to begin with. There's something to be said for natural talent.

I'll have my day, it's just that I'm gnawing away my fingernails with anticipation. Then again, I was waiting around for eight years, I'm pretty sure I can last one month. In the meantime, Aaron and I are going to put on a play. Originally, we thought the Philadelphia Story, but I recommended Rozencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead as another option. The decision hasn't been set in stone yet, but when it is, rest assured that I'll post it.

10 comments:

quickstuff said...

"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered."
- Tom Stoppard

do the stoppard! and welcome home

Hackett said...

As a member of an audience, i always prefer options. when given the choice between "rapiers, or rape ...or both?", i am quite contented.

Unknown said...

I know, it's almost impossible not to do the Stoppard. Which, I believe, was a novelty dance in the early 90's akin to "doing the Bartman."

Unknown said...

"Generally speaking, things have gone about as far as they can possibly go when things have got about as bad as they reasonably get."

Yeah, I think R&G Are Dead is the way to go.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I am going to say this: suddenly, I want to read Stoppard.

Call Bellevue.

JCN said...

R&G, yes.

Brenda said...

Would you do the Denzel Washington role?



I really kill myself

Anonymous said...

My $0.02
Do the Stoppard

Hackett said...

what's the timeline for this? i'd love to come up and see it.

Unknown said...

Actually, Brendar, I was hoping for the Antonio Banderas role. It'll be my first English-speaking part.

I hope to see this happen in July. I'll post more when I know more.