Wednesday, May 10, 2006

As close to Nirvana an atheist can be

I was given a gift last night. It's a gift I had before and had brutally squandered. I don't intend to fuck it up this time.

Here's a bold promise, but true: I will be represented by a legit agent by the end of the summer. I will book something significant before next year. In the words of Mr. T, I pity the fool who gets in my fucking way. And, more poignantly I feel, in the words of Bone Crusher, I ain't never scared.

It's long been said that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. What they haven't noted is that when that shit happens to me, it makes me unstoppable. Just ask my grade school chum David Doll. When we'd play homerun derby, I would put in a passable performance until I got mad. Once I got mad, the waves and particles of quantum reality came into sharp focus and I could do anything. Because I cared. And I knew what I was capable of.

That being said, I am eternally grateful to the person who got me to care again. And I will not fail. This is a guarantee.

2 comments:

Kath said...

does this mean you're back together w/brenda?

Unknown said...

yes. I'm pretty sure. Yes.